Stettbacher and Alice Miller: Doing self-therapy

Implications and information on various therapies and self-therapy that deal with the emotional connection of childhood experiences
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

[edited to fix apostrophes]

Hi cc. Nice to hear from you!

With the exception of Wikipedia, since it's watched by the millions and articles such as the ADHD are causing great harm, I'd promised myself not to engage any more in forums when I still have four books to write. Although Denis' clock says otherwise, it's still Christmas today here in Mexico and I can afford an exception.
cc wrote:After my apostasy from the three cults I was in...
This is impressive. You seem to have had a parallel life of mine, as I had discussed with Austerlitz in my Wikipedia subpage.
cc wrote: Today, I believe that there is a designer of our universe [...]. For now, at least to me, there is too much evidence to support that a Designer of the universe does not exist.
I'm a bit confused here. No problem. I'll dedicate my sixth book of Hojas Susurrantes (Whispering Leaves) to my 1986 agony and the gigantic prize I paid to get rid of the feeling of a personal God and eternal damnation. In that year I knew God didn't exist. But I somehow felt His presence.

Not anymore. Now I know everything had to do with my dad. Did you know that Jesus' "abba", one of the very few Aramaic words in the New Testament, doesn't mean father but "dad" (only in Hebrew it means father)?

Nothing has been written that remotely approaches my soul-search recount of my apostasy in Hojas Susurrantes. Even Nietzsche's Anti-Christ and Ecce Homo will appear naive, sweet and childish if compared to my psyche's ultimate explosion.

Yes, my general: I'm for a real War of the Worlds against my past, so disturbing that if it ever gets translated to English please do not read it. But I can only hope that a legion of total autobiographers will atomize the world in the aftermath of the assimilation of the legacy of Miller's radical sons.
Last edited by Cesar Tort on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cc

Post by cc »

cc wrote:
Today, I believe that there is a designer of our universe [?]. For now, at least to me, there is too much evidence to support that a Designer of the universe does not exist.
Cesar wrote:
I?m a bit confused here.
Thanks Cesar, yep I would be confused too.

What this should say is:
Today, I believe that there is a designer of our universe [?]. For now, at least to me, there is too much evidence to support that a Designer of the universe does exist.
Cesar wrote:
?..In that year I knew God didn?t exist. But I somehow felt His presence.
This is my dilemma today Cesar. I feel? A lot? Is this God? I don?t know and I am not ready to dismiss it.
Cesar wrote:
Not anymore? Now I know everything had to do with my dad. Did you know that Jesus? ?abba?, one of the very few Aramaic words in the New Testament, doesn?t mean father but ?dad? (only in Hebrew it means father)?
Yep Pre-enlightenment (healed unconcious repression) my God was a projection of my sick father and mother and grandparents and aunts and uncles. And when I realized this then I projected my anger towards ?God? which was really my father and the rest of all my sick authority figures and then when I stopped projecting and blaming God, God did not exist for me.

But now that I am learning the truth about my self and beginning to feel life anew, my belief of God has returned and this belief is of a different kind than before. Am I still projecting? I doubt it but if I am, I will find out as I continue to evolve within.

Cesar wrote:
Yes, my general: I?m for a real War of the Worlds against my past, so disturbing that if it ever gets translated to English please do not read it.
You are so fuckin poetic, of course I will read it.

Ok commander, gotta go.
cc
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

[edited to fix apostrophes]

It's still December 25 here?
cc wrote:This is my dilemma today Cesar. Is this God? I don't know and I am not ready to dismiss it [...]. Am I still projecting? I doubt it but if I am, I will find out as I continue to evolve within.
I doubt it's a personal God. I had to struggle decades, from the middle 1970s through the middle 90s, and thru different stages in my life (Catholicism; then a cult, and finally pseudosciences like parapsychology and Shroud studies) to reach my actual stage.

God is definitively abba. Jesus was partially right but he still projected it. There's no question in my mind. No one who hasn't really solved the problem of the attachment to the perpetrator can get rid of the internalized abba. Perhaps The Child's Song by Donald Capps, a Christian scholar who happens to be a follower of Miller, may give you a lead for the moment?
cc wrote:You are so fuckin poetic, of course I will read it.
I thought my prose only sounded good in Spanish. Anyway, I believe that literary wars are the only way. And in sharp contrast to the nice, educated gentlemen who write in both forums I'd say that only a Jack Bauer of post-Miller studies can do the job.

See you next year!
Last edited by Cesar Tort on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

[edited to fix apostrophe]

P.S. My general and all of my (Bauer's) CTU friends: Can you give me a hand at the bottom of this page?
Last edited by Cesar Tort on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis
Site Admin

Post by Dennis »

Hi Cesar,

Very impressive arguments you've presented on that Wikipedia page. I can't believe some of the statements of the supporters of ADHD. I've been in several similar discussions on this in 2002 at a Dutch Support Forum For Adults with ADHD. I stayed extremely polite but was eaten alive at the end. It's like a religion for them. They are not interested in the truth or arguments.

What also strikes me is that these strong supporters of ADHD almost always have someone near who is diagnosed with ADHD and is on Ritalin or a similar stimulant. Do we let parents of murdered children make decisions when it comes to laws on death penalties? No, because we have learned that their emotions stand in the way of a fair judgment. It's the same with parents and their children diagnosed with ADHD. Because the child doesn't feel there's anything wrong with him/her. He/she doesn't feel ill. But the child can feel abandoned when he/she has to deal with the negative reactions towards him/her.

Measuring its success by reducing the amount of symptoms is unheard of and I can't believe that people who claim to know what they write about, use this 'argument'.

I'll catch up soon on the rest of the ADHD Wikipedia stuff.

Dennis

A picture says more than a thousand words. I made a few pictures on ADHD, which I've put on a Dutch anti-psychiatry site I established. Here's one of them and feel free to publish it around if you feel like it:

Post by Guest »

How come you established a Dutch anti-psychiatry site when you live in Sweden? Just curious. Are you a Swede who lived in the Netherlands or a Dutch person who now lives in Sweden? And are there more pictures we can see on the Dutch site?
Dennis
Site Admin

Post by Dennis »

Hello Guest,

I'm a Dutchman who lives in Sweden now for 10 years. I mainly write in Dutch and English, not Swedish. I started a Dutch site about anti-psychiatry because as a journalist I've written a number of critical articles about the psychiatry and the pharmaceutical industry. From time to time I get emails from people who want to know more or who are upset because their child gets mind-altering drugs and feel pressured to continue doing that. I've started this Dutch site to give people an opportunity to seriously discuss matters. I haven't uploaded any other pictures but feel free to have a look: http://antipsychiatrie.freepgs.com

There's even an article in English there. But not many people are contributing yet, because I haven't started to promote it yet.

Dennis

Post by Guest »

That is a very professional looking site you have there, Dennis. Slicker than the Blogger-style front page on this one. On a side note: John Speyrer still has no review of the latest Janov book - even though Amazon started shipping it to customers in early November. I wonder why?
Dennis
Site Admin

Post by Dennis »

I'm not happy with the way this site looks either. The blogger system was more of an emergency solution at the time as the site had crashed several times while running on other systems and I ran out of time of designing something new myself. Also I'm not sure how to present this site. I don't want it to become like a supermarket of vague primal-related articles like John Speyrer's site. I need to re-think the whole site some day.

I think John Speyrer made it clear he's retiring from active participating as a webmaster on his site. Also, if I remember well, he has a problem with his eyes and can't see very well anymore.

I'm interested in reading Janov's new book Primal Healing but can't afford to buy it right now.

Dennis

Post by Guest »

There is nothing wrong with the way the homepage looks. I only mean that it is similar to legions of Blogspot.com blogs. The new site looks snazzy. Did you use a fancy CMS programme maybe? Where can I get a copy?

John has not retired. Around the time the new Janov book was released he published a review of The Ultimate Journey by Stanislav Grof and four articles since. Stephen Khamsi wrote a review of an earlier book by Janov, but not this time.
Dennis
Site Admin

Post by Dennis »

If you refer to the Dutch site, I programmed it using CSS and HTML. If you look for a good CMS web-building program, I recommend Xoops

Do you have a website or are you planning to make one? What will it be about?

John is in the process of retiring as of slowing down regarding the work that he put into his site. That's what he said. I don't know what that means in practical terms. This site has no connections to John's site.

Dennis

Post by Guest »

I have web space with my ISP account, but no proper web site. They allow 1 mySQL database. I have journals full of notes about our loopy cultural beliefs. It would fun to publish some essays, but not have to spend time studying web design manuals. I want to simply install a programme and go! Enter some text, then out comes a web page. Voila! Probably Xoops is very flexible and powerful, but the documentation made my eyes glaze over. I looked at Blogger before, although I have no plan to make chronologically ordered posts on a regular basis. For me, the simpler the better.

Happy New Year to all readers!
Dennis
Site Admin

Post by Dennis »

If you want simplicity in setting up a website, Xoops is probably not a good option. There are many alternatives out there and you may have to try a few before you are satisfied. Here's one to start with: http://www.edocstore.co.uk/

As this is getting off-topic and you would like to know more about web-publishing, feel free to write me an email. Anyway, good luck and Happy New Year.

Dennis
cc

Post by cc »

Hi Cesar,

Hope you are doing well.
Cesar wrote:
P.S. My general and all of my (Bauer?s) CTU friends: Can you give me a hand at the bottom of this page ?
I have read the links provided. Regarding the ADHD discussion with Scuro, Like Dennis says, very impressive. I am a bit ignorant to the subject matter of the debate. I don?t think that I would be able to adequately support your position. I would probably screw it up. This is out of my league bro. But I enjoy reading your persuasive arguments and how they incite me to question things. I like the ?Bauer? metaphor.

I also enjoyed your discussion with Austerlitz. The following quotes were of interest to me and I agreed with them.
Cesar wrote:

Believing in reincarnation, as the Lama does, is to be plugged in the Hindu/Buddhist matrix. No real adult has any guru whatsoever. Not even Miller is my guru (she has said things that I utterly disagree).

The point is that when you realize that you are transferring, you no longer believe in fatherly figures: whether Hitler, Dalai Lama or Marx. You become an adult who listens only to your own reason: the dream of the Enlightenment philosophers.

Quite the contrary: the more I validate my feelings, the more skeptical I become of pop psychology, religious and New Age approaches.
I like your writing and how you put things Cesar and I appreciate the matrix analogy. I lack writing skills. A while ago I came across the following. I am not a follower but these quotes from Jiddu Krishnamurti, resonate with my present views and feelings. And since I am unable to express a lot of things, here is something I would like to express thru his words.

The moment you follow someone you cease to follow Truth

I desire those, who seek to understand me, to be free, not to follow me, not to make out of me a cage which will become a religion, a sect. Rather should they be free from all fears - from the fear of religion, from the fear of salvation, from the fear of spirituality, from the fear of love, from the fear of death, from the fear of life itself.

You are accustomed to authority, or to the atmosphere of authority which you think will lead you to spirituality. You think and hope that another can, by his extraordinary powers - a miracle - transport you to this realm of eternal freedom which is Happiness. Your whole outlook on life is based on that authority.

That is the only way to judge: in what way are you freer, greater, more dangerous to every society which is based on the false and the unessential?

You are all depending for your spirituality on someone else, for your happiness on someone else, for your enlightenment on someone else.... when I say look within yourselves for the enlightenment, for the glory, for the purification, and for the incorruptibility of the self, not one of you is willing to do it.

No man from outside can make you free; nor can organised worship, nor the immolation of yourselves for a cause, make you free; nor can forming yourselves into an organisation, nor throwing yourselves into work, make you free. You use a typewriter to write letters, but you do not put it on an alter and worship it. But that is what you are doing when organisations become your chief concern.

you have the idea that only certain people hold the key to the Kingdom of Happiness. No one holds it. No one has the authority to hold that key. That key is your own self, and in the development and the purification and in the incorruptibility of that self alone is the Kingdom

You have been accustomed to being told how far you have advanced, what is your spiritual status. How childish! Who but yourself can tell you if you are incorruptible?....
I wish I could express my self like that (above). By the way, depending on the context, the above may sound dissociate but so can many things when they are perceived thru other lenses.
Cesar wrote:
Perhaps The Child?s Song by Donald Capps, a Christian scholar who happens to be a follower of Miller, may give you a lead for the moment?
Capps is on my list of books (very very loooong list) to read but I have many books before him (including Ross? ? Trauma Model, which you made known to me.)
Cesar wrote:
I thought my prose only sounded good in Spanish
Your writing (prose) in English is good too and I look forward to reading your soliloquies :D after you translate your work into English.

Dennis,

Sorry about getting off-topic. Feel free to move my posts to a more appropriate place.
cc
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

Thanks to cc I learnt about this must-see film:

http://www.filmakers.com/indivs/PrisonersChildhood.htm