wallsofsilence.com

Childhood trauma and its consequences
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:12 pm 

Haven't yet but just skimmed this page and watched the video:

Heart Transplant

Steve

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:27 am 

This afternoon my copy of Heart Transplant came. I read it, including the six and a half page (double-size) "Rules of Engagement" analysis/explanation by Zak Mucha.

Don't want to comment much without at least a second go-through. Even then I doubt if I'll spout--I'm no expert when it comes to saying smart stuff about works of art. Besides that it's a book that makes you feel more like thinking that spouting. I'll agree though it wouldn't kill every kid-accessible library in at least the US to have a copy. Vachss makes the point on the inside cover flap that in order for bullying to 'metastisize', at least, it requires the support of the surrounding community/culture. (Excerpted from a 2002 interview)

I thought Mucha probably deserved a mention in this forum--couldn't find a mention of him here in a general search. Among the names I recognized in his footnote sources list were Perry, Miller, Freyd and Stettbacher.

The back cover flap says Mucha published a novel The Beggars' Shore in 2000. (Vachss left an online review of it in 2009 saying "I'm so confident that this kid's the next major player, I'm backing him with my own cash.") This spring Mucha will publish Therapy for the Sick, Poor, and Angry.

Steve

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]