wallsofsilence.com

Childhood trauma and its consequences
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:26 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:40 pm 

Hi,
I saw this film the other day; it's about female genital mutilation (F.G.M) in Somalia. You can watch it here but you need to use windows media player 11, and you’ve only got about 4 days left to watch it.

http://www.channel4.com/video/brandless ... et#popover

Watching it made me very angry at the people who do this, if you see the film you will probably notice how the women doing the circumcision and her fat assistants actually smile when they are mutilating the children!.. They are sadists and no mistake! Genital mutilation is a very direct form of sexual repression; one of them even says that the reason they do it is to prevent promiscuity. It’s designed to destroy natural sexuality, that’s why it was invented, and the main reason why it still continues.

People in the west have found more subtle ways to do the same job…

It's heavy stuff, but I was happy to see the children who have fought their parent’s ignorant sadistic "culture" and won injunctions to prevent being mutilated against their wills. Also notice how the parents describe it as "allowing” their children to be circumcised, they have obviously invented that phrase to describe it to try and make themselves feel better about what they do and to camouflage the reality of it, it's used by more than one person I think. That really shocked me, the arrogance of it! As if its something the children really wanted to do, and now their loving parents are going to "allow” them to have what they want!..
Saying that though, the two children on there that you see get circumcised actually do say afterwards that they wanted it done, but that just shows how deeply rooted it is in their culture and how females there are treated who haven’t been circumcised. They didn’t really want it, all they wanted was to be accepted by their friends!... What a price to pay for acceptance!..

Apparently the laws have recently changed and people are only just starting to use them to protect themselves, hopefully before to long it will be outlawed altogether. I’m not sure when the film was made, maybe it was a while ago and things have progressed since then?…

I found out that England only outlawed F.G.M. in 1985! Its always a shock when I find out that so recently in my country people were subjected to things like F.G.M. and "lawfull" marital rape, I really did think in my naivety that these sorts of things would have been stopped way way before they actually were!..

Cheerz,
Lloyd.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Lloyd, at the link, I got the message that the program was only available for those living in the UK or Ireland. But I can imagine the cruelty and idealization around female circumcision. There's so much sadism and torture allowed in the world when it's under the disguise of child rearing and religion. Parenthood is the real holiness in this world and people need to make a stand that cruelty towards children is not tolerated. Parents who do this to their children are not open to rational thinking so governments need to step up and have massive campaigns and punish the perpetrators.

Lloyd wrote:
I really did think in my naivety that these sorts of things would have been stopped way way before they actually were!

So did I!

Dennis

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:51 am 

O', thats a bugger that you cant watch it, gutted.
I might have a go at getting it off there and sending it if its possible. I havent got widows media player 11, i didnt get if for some specific reason but i cant remember why. Anyway i'll have a go.
Cheerz,
Lloyd.

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]