wallsofsilence.com

Childhood trauma and its consequences
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Forum issues
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sorry I haven't participated more in the forum. I agree with Bernard that there isn't much structure at the forum. I would like to see more specific related themes. Unfortunately I cannot spend too much time going into people's personal problems. My inbox is already overcrowded as it is and some people are still waiting for my reply after months.

On the other hand, the video section of this website is doing very well. More and more people seem to find its way there and I get every month people thanking me for it.

Dennis

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Forum issues
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

In the past there were a lot of discussions on how to proceed with the forum. There was even a discussion of starting a journal specialized on the roots of child abuse. As you can see, when it comes to such personal issues, an Internet forum isn't the best place to deal with that. I don't know of any site or forum that successfully manage to tackle child abuse at its roots. It almost always ends up in severely disturbed people making a rampage and not feeling a shred of responsibility for their actions. That's because adults formerly abused as children carry a damaged side inside of them that needs special attention and care or otherwise it turns into abusive acts towards others (or themselves).

You can link and use the information on this site any way you think might help elsewhere.

I would have like more specific problems and different views of dealing with it. I still believe there cannot be a full recovery or healing when the environment stays abusive.

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]